Shiloh Methodist Church started about 1857 as a brush arbor a quarter mile south of the present church. Benjamin and Margaret Morrison Irvin gave a small tract of land where a few families built the arbor. Split pine logs served as benches. Using the arbor as a temporary shelter for services, the men constructed a church across the road. it was a log building with a pine clapboard roof. It's only furnishings were pews consisting of rough boards laid across logs and a pulpit made of similar boards. About 25 years later, another church was erected on land donated by J. A. Baker. some of the men who helped build the structure were Ephraim Irvin, John Fields and Jake Boman. Boman, a native of Germany, did the altar and pulpit work by hand. According to the best sources, the Reverend T. W. Smith was the first pastor and John Fields was the first Sunday School Superintendent. The auditorium was erected in 1882. It's vestibule was built 14 years later by J. M. Baker, J. A. Earnhardt St., W. A. Johnson and Emmett Torrance. The church was used for 52 years with the only improvements being front steps and underpinning added. Reverend Ray Alher assumed the pastorate in 1948. Under his direction, the auditorium was renovated and redecorated and the educational building was constructed. The building included a basement, kitchen, four rooms on the first floor and measured 22X46. In the 1990's a new sanctuary was built and the old sacntuary (pictured) was moved to a location on Shiloh Church Road which was remodeled to become a home.